Reimagine your legal career
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. With over 2,400 employees spanning North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable corporate legal departments to drive efficiency and growth to adapt to a demanding new era.
Axiom empowers you to take control of how you work while contributing your expertise to the world's best companies.
Currently, we're hiring Derivatives Lawyers
to join us with:
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Good academic credentials and post-qualification experience.
- In-house legal experience is preferred (directly, or as a secondee) but is not essential.
- Strong commercial understanding, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to provide excellent client service and an ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- The ability to adapt to new situations and work environments, and a thirst for new challenges.
- You must have the right to work and be eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK.
- Providing practical and commercial advice to key business stakeholders; and supporting on a range complex OTC and exchange-traded derivatives transactions for both sell-side and buy-side clients.
- Working on essential projects in response to current regulatory and political changes, including Brexit and IM phases 4 & 5.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of both standard and complex derivatives documentation.
- Good understanding of Clearing rules/CCP and any asset classes: Equity, Fixed Income, Credit, etc.
- Advising on risk mitigation strategies and maintaining up to date regulatory standards.
- Assisting the development of new products and markets.
- Working with and advising business clients directly, providing guidance and practical solutions in relation to the ever-changing FS regulatory environment.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering access to a variety of professional development programs and continuing legal education opportunities.
Since 2000, we've reached legal professionals globally and been committed to reimagining legal work. We seek to live up to the New York Times' prediction that, "A more sweeping transformation may be on the horizon. And it may look a lot like Axiom".
Our company is ranked #1 in business of law, innovation in corporate strategy, and innovation in law firm efficiency by the Financial Times.
Learn more about working at Axiom.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.