Job description: Day and/or Night Support Workers(SEND)
A supply Support Workers main role is to provide support for pupils with special educational needs.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist the pupils' individual learning and social needs. The Support Worker will be responsible for implementing the targets on the pupils' Individual Education Plan (IEP) in liaison with the class teachers and the SENCo.
Responsibilities could include:
* Carry out tasks and responsibilities under the direction of the SENCo, Class Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher or Head Teacher
* Plan and prioritise tasks and work under the pressure of a busy inclusive primary school
* Work alongside the individual schools existing policies, procedures and expectations of a supply LSA
* Be productive and show initiative
* Communicate effectively and appropriately to pupils with different abilities and ethnic backgrounds
* Motivate pupils to learn
* Motivate pupils to be sociable
* Assist with the organisation of the learning environment.
* Maintain accurate records of the pupils
* Work effectively with other adults in the school and wider community
* Be a responsible and trustworthy role model
* Have patience with children who find conforming to rues and expectations difficult
* Have patience and be flexible and innovative with a clear understanding of how children might behave who find learning new concepts and remembering taught concepts difficult
* Respect and maintain confidentiality but have regard to the safe guarding protocols of information sharing where necessary
* Be computer literate
* Attend training courses considered appropriate for the post.
NB: There may be additional responsibilities and duties specific to individual schools requirements that are not included within this Job description