Structural DesignerLocation - Fife, remote working availableRate of pay 27 per hour, inside IR35Duration - Up to 9 months
Structural Designers (Production Outputs) required for new projects in the Marine/shipbuilding sector.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
- Primary responsibilities will be preparing & producing 2D structural marine drawing deliverables (primary/secondary/outfit) to required standards & within budget/schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings)
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate 2D Production Output deliverables.
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate additional deliverables (BoM/CADCAM data)
- Utilising appropriate technical standards and regulations to support development within the appropriate area of the Design Lifecycle (specifically PO's)
- Experience working on Naval or Commercial Marine shipbuilding projects (Preferably UK naval shipbuilding projects/alternatively new build or major conversion packages)
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent qualification in Structural/Outfitting discipline subject
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
- Be proficient in the use of one or more parametric/spec driven CAD systems in a 2D environment, but a minimum awareness of working within a 3D model.
Preference to be with Hexagon S3D
Our role in supporting diversity
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.