Meraki Talent's Global Financial Services client has a requirement for a Project Manager to join their team in Glasgow where you will support the Head of Delivery by being responsible for the successful delivery of projects and by providing professional project management for one or more projects at any given time.
The Project Manager will assist in the support of the regulatory and change agenda that enables and empowers improvement. You will deliver assigned regulatory projects for both global and local transformation agenda for both internal and client led activity
Background of the Position:
- Develop comprehensive project plans and requirements documentation to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Control the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Embed Procurement principles, guidelines & criteria
- Regularly communicate with project team
- Provide updates to IT management and stakeholders
- Manage, track and report project budgets, trajectory and resource allocations, reporting any variances for attention and ensure location recharges are applied and managed accurately.
- Collaboratively drive commercial and procedural improvements across organisation
- Review and analyse global trends
- Solid Project Management delivery experience (with experience of data migration projects)
- Solid understanding of:
- File transformation and data normalization
- Connectivity protocols including MQ, FTP, FIX
- Messaging formats such as XML, FIX, JSON, and Proto
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Exposure to asset management, asset owner and/or financial intermediaries segments.
- Regulatory project & programme delivery
- Broad understanding of different markets, asset classes and instruments typically used within investment banking and fund administration, such as equities, commodities, FX, bonds, swaps, options etc.
- Self-motivator with good organisational and time management skills
- Experience in working and communicating effectively with all levels of the business
- Strong analytical and IT system skills
- Risk Management
- Communication and influencing