A unique and newly created opportunity has arisen with our FTSE 100 client to join their actuarial team due to growth and internal developments as a Pensions Manager. The role can be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow with flexible/blended working embraced as part of the overall company strategy. The job will be well suited to an experienced Pensions Actuary with a degree of management experience, or a consulting actuary looking to diversify their current skills to take on a fresh challenge.
Even as part of a national business, the role holder will be part of a close knit team of around 10 where your ideas will be listened to and embraced, with any achievements/impact made on a daily basis evident from the team's outcomes.
Key duties include but not limited to:
- Helping their clients develop and implement retirement and pension services suited to their organisational strategy and objectives.
- Be involved in retirement and pension strategy, plan design transformation, merger and acquisition integration, implementation and financial reporting for companies. Utilising technical acumen along with consulting abilities to translate complex cases in to easy to digest information.
- You'll also provide specialist advice to employers with occupational pension schemes covering all aspects of advice relating to occupational pensions - defined benefit and defined contribution structures.
- The work is varied and project based - getting to see these through from start to finish.
- In addition you will mentor/coach more junior colleagues taking a steer in the direction of the team
To be considered the role holder must be a fellow of the institute faculty of actuaries, with experience in pensions. Ideally coming from a corporate consulting background but someone who embraces change and enjoys adding value and takes pride in their work. A logical problem solver who perhaps has experience of management/supervision in their previous role(s).
In return they are offering a truly unique chance to be a part of this next phase of their growth, a competitive salary, attractive benefits package along with fully supporting any flexible working requirements needed.
Initial discussions are welcomed as soon as possible due to workloads, so please get in touch/apply as soon as possible for a full role profile and an entirely confidential discussion with Alison Curran prior to submission.