Are you a qualified or part qualified accountant who has experience of Financial Reporting or Financial Control, either from an audit or industry (including Financial Services) background? If so, then we may have the role for you!
Our client, a leading financial services firm in Glasgow, is looking for a Legal Entity Controller to join the team on an initial 12-month contract.Essential Skills/Experience:
- A professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA) or currently studying towards
- A rounded commercial approach to reporting and controllership, with proven skills in chasing issues through many layers to discover root causes, and be confident in building relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders and business areas
- An ability to manage your workload effectively, develop practical solutions to problems whilst balancing multiple issues and priorities appropriately and is flexible when priorities change
- Strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Ability to build good relationships with stakeholders and contribute to projects which impact a variety of business and finance areas
- Excellent numeracy skills with a close attention to detail, and ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of your own skills
- The flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- Review and oversee the presentation of timely, relevant, and value-added information on entities to senior management
- Review and challenge of statutory financial statements, US Federal Reserve reporting, management accounts and variance analysis
- Review and challenge appropriateness of taxation and transfer pricing policies on legal entities
- Management of key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including external auditors, Product Control, Treasury, Business Units, Company Secretarial and Tax
- Business partnering with key stakeholders on legal entity initiatives
- Participate in the development of the function and department wide initiatives
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy. Job reference: 13599
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website