TMM Recruitment are supporting an oil and gas exploration company in their recruitment for a Cost Analyst. This is a temporary position initially through to the end of January 2021.
Reporting to the Senior Cost Analyst, the Cost Analyst will support the cost optimisation team with review of POs and commitments to support the accurate forecasting of VOWD on capex and opex projects.
Duties will include:
- Reviewing activities on an ongoing basis with the budget holders to ensure forecasts reflect correct value of work done.
- Analysing commitments data to support the cost analysts in forecasting and tracking of costs.
- Assisting in the update of relevant cost forecasts.
- Monitoring commitments and accruals against cost categories and activities to ensure validity of the cost.
- Preparing monthly journal entries as required.
- Other ad hoc cost related delivery.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience required:
- HND or ideally degree qualified or equivalent in a business or engineering discipline, with extensive experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Significant practical cost and financial planning experience gained within a production / maintenance / operations environment.
- Proven cost management skills / experience with a strong knowledge of cost control, forecasting, cost phasing, VOWD etc.
- Good team player.
- Ability to challenge effectively, embrace change and continual improvement.
- Good written and oral communication, presentation.