Our client doesn't recruit often into their Structured Finance team, because once there, Associates and Partners tend to stay. The team is part of a wider Banking & Finance group, which has been a market-leading practice for over 20 years and is highly ranked in all the leading directories.
The Structured Finance team advises an impressive client base on securitisation, asset backed finance, loan portfolio servicing and trustee and agency matters and regularly works with other specialist teams in the London office and with the wider firm. There is currently a vacancy in the team for a mid-level (probably 2-4 PQE) Associate. The team is homogeneous, happy with the quality of their work and the firm environment. As a result they seldom need to recruit externally, but are well resourced internally and have become a popular qualification destination for trainees.
In this role you will proactively manage your own matters, supporting partners and senior lawyers on larger transactions and (where appropriate) lead transactions on a supervised basis. This position will include high levels of direct client contact and you will be expected to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
In order to be considered for a rare role in this team, you will have:
- A strong academic record;
- Qualified as a lawyer in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction;
- High quality training and 2-4 years' post qualification experience, ideally of working on structured finance transactions, probably including complex features, extensive documentation and multiple jurisdictions, from a well-reputed City or international firm;
- Legal understanding of and a keen interest in structured finance;
- Relevant 'hands-on' work experience and client management skills;
- A proactive, inquisitive approach;
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills and a confident, professional manner; and
- Sound time/case management skills and ability to work as part of a team or independently.
To discuss this role and others we are handling, please send your CV in complete confidence to email@example.com or call David on 07860774391 for a confidential discussion.