Reference: CRS6JP(phone number removed)
Job Posting Title: Junior Accountant (home based)
Description: Based remotely but travel to Bristol site when required.
Rate: £15p/hr PAYE
Techniche Global are working with an Engineering Defence Contractor to recruit a Junior Accountant. You will support the Central Services Finance Manager, assisting in the preparation/review of Central Services cost centre accounts and assisting with the consolidation of accounting information for review and monthly/quarterly financial reporting.
To be successful, you must have Advanced Excel skills and an excellent work ethic to meet tight timescales.
* Assist with the production of accounts for central services; including journal preparation, cost analysis and variance analysis
* Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts to ensure information is complete, accurate and prepared in line with strict timetables and financial guidelines
* Assist with consolidation of contract reporting requirements
* Assist with utilisation reporting
* Assist with the external and internal audits
* Assist with Ad-hoc group requests
* Maintain strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
* Perform any other reasonable duties from time to time which, in the Company's opinion are within the job holder's capability
* Significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Advanced Excel knowledge essential.
* Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review
* Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed
* Knowledge of IFS reporting software
* A demonstrable team player
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and with minimum supervision
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ensure adherence to defined processes and work instructions
* Excellent time management skills
* Demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and commitment