Can you help make a difference to carers? Would you like to shape the future of an ambitious regional charity? Will you use your own experience in health or social care to make sure that all carers have choices?
Caring Together is a leading charity supporting carers of all ages across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk. We provide information and advice, run services in our local communities and campaign. We are proud to support more than 12,000 carers and their families every year, but there are an estimated 178,000 carers living in our region. And this number is rising.
As we enter our 40th year we have an exciting opportunity to join our talented board of trustees to help realise our vision of a world in which all carers have choices.
What will you be doing?
As a trustee you will:
- Be an ambassador for Caring Together and for our work.
- Help shape the strategic direction of Caring Together ensuring we are meeting our charitable objectives.
- Make sure that caring together has policies in place which comply with current legislation and promote good practice.
- Make sure that resources are used appropriately in the meeting of our charitable objectives and monitored.
- Contribute to the setting of goals and targets and evaluating performance against them.
- Ensure the effective management of risks.
- Support the income generation and outward facing activities of Caring Together.
- Spend time with different elements of our organisation and understanding our work.
- Safeguard the good name and values of Caring Together.
- Make sure the needs of carers are always at the centre of decisions taken by Caring Together.
- Participate in the cycle of meetings and ensure decisions taken at meetings are implemented.
- Attend any training and development sessions to promote your knowledge and development in the role of trustee.
What are we looking for?
As a trustee you will need:
- To be committed to developing your knowledge and understanding of how Caring Together is run.
- To be committed to supporting and promoting Caring Together’s vision and values.
- To understand and firmly believe in the work we do.
- To demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- To be a creative thinker and help Caring Together develop areas of work.
- To have excellent communication skills and be able to both build agreement and challenge constructively.
- To be an active member of the board, committing the time and thought needed.
- What difference will you make?
What's in it for the volunteer?
We are keen for you to get in touch if you can bring current experience, expertise and knowledge from either a local authority or NHS perspective. We would welcome applications from clinicians and professionals who can help us improve the support for carers in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk. In return we offer a comprehensive induction, trustee training to support ongoing professional development, as well as board level experience of working in a charity environment. Most importantly, you will have the satisfaction of making a positive and sustainable difference to carers in your local community
As a board we meet a minimum of five times a year.
How to apply
Applications are through the Reach Volunteering website.
A few more details
Should you have any questions or wish to have an informal chat with our chair of trustees, and/or Chief executive, please do let us know, and we will happily organise this for you.
Deadline: 05 Jul 2021.