We are currently working in partnership with a large and expanding national company to recruit for IT Helpdesk Advisors .You will be joining a large, privately owned and successful UK company that really value their staff. You will be working within a growing and close knit team that offer a fun and supportive working environment.JOB TITLE:
IT Helpdesk AdvisorLOCATION:
The client are based in Somerset however they have flexibility to employ remote staff from the surrounding areasHOURS:
This is a full time, permanent role working 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 9:00am - 17:30pm and Friday 9:00am - 17:00pmSALARY
: Starting salary of £18,535 plus a 6% bonus scheme which is paid quarterly.BENEFITS:
Fantastic benefit package including: 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, quarterly bonus scheme, a generous company pension, health insurance, death cover, cycle to work scheme as well as discounted gym membership.THE ROLE:
The key focus of this role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and helpdesk request tracking tools.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and email in a courteous manner.
- Document all end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritise and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate engineers.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware. Perform fixes at the user desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved. Perform post resolution follow-ups to help requests. Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or recently completed a relevant course or degree.
- Hands-on experience with Windows OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic and advanced technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and deployment skills of Office 365
You must be able to work as part of a large expanding team and show willingness to expand your knowledge of different technologies and conduct Microsoft and any other relevant training.TO APPLY:
If you are interested in finding out more details or applying for this role please call the office on or email Do not delay in applying as our client is holding interviews for the successful candidates immediately.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.