We are looking for an apprentice with strong analytical skills and a desire to learn Lean methodologies, to join our Warrington based Continuous Improvement team. We are a well-established energy provider and offer great long-term career prospects to all our staff and have proven track record in successfully supporting apprentices into the workplace.
You will join our existing Continuous Improvement team, within our Operations department. The key function of this role is to support the Continuous Improvement team with the delivery of initiatives using Lean methodology. This will include updating project documentation, producing and distributing key reports, and analysing data. Working with key stakeholders across the business, you will work to help embed changes into the organisational culture.
During this apprenticeship, you will learn the Continuous Improvement method of addressing business problems alongside our ways of working to prepare you for a career in Operations at Certas Energy. You will also be gaining further training and support from an accredited training provider, who will guide and help you work towards achieving your Level 4 Improvement Practitioner qualification.Required Skills:
- Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to distil complex ideas and data into meaningful insights
- Ability to understand complex processes and systems quickly and identify potential areas of improvement
- Interest in Lean philosophy and principles (e.g. value stream mapping, kaizen, 5S, etc.)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Excel particularly important) and a good general level of technical competence.
- Mon - Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
- £16,000 - £17,000 per annum (dependent on experience) increasing to £19,000 - £20,000 after successful completion of apprenticeship
Future Career Progression:
- Annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays
At the end of their apprenticeship, it is expected that the Continuous Improvement Apprentice will join the Continuous Improvement team as a full-time Continuous Improvement Specialist. Alternatively, having gained significant understanding and experience of Lean methodologies and Certas Energy's ways of working, the Continuous Improvement Apprentice will be well-placed to take up roles in other Operations teams such as (but not limited to) Routing, Depot Operations, or Logistics Administration. If a suitable role is available in any of those teams at the end of the apprenticeship, the Continuous Improvement team would happily support an internal transfer request.