RiverSafe is a premier Security Consultancy with a proven track record of delivering security services to a number of FTSE 100 companies. We have established relationships with market leading technology vendors in Cyber Security and Big Data analytics space.
Due to the reliance on technology, there is an increase in the associated risks. Cybersecurity Operations is now high on the priority list for most organisations. Therefore, clients are overwhelmingly turning to RiverSafe for help and guidance on how to protect their assets, minimise business disruption and improve security.
Our clients place enormous trust and confidence in our expertise which has resulted in them often asking for our input outside the strict area of cybersecurity; typically, general systems architecture and operations.Overview:
At RiverSafe, we have ambitious plans to expand our portfolio by adding Managed Services practice. We continue to build our team and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people with passion for information technology to join us and to be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organisation offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. A position in RiverSafe will give the right candidate the opportunity to work with blue chip clients across EMEA and parts of Africa as our pipeline for work is growing rapidly.Primary responsibilities:
- Working in DevOps/Security culture.
- Understand security best practices for client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server development.
- Knowledge working on Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Learn Programming in Python.
- Unit test and debugging skills.
- CI/CD processes including the integration of security & quality tooling.
- DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Azure DevOps)
- Security Scanning tools (Static Code Analysis, Opensource and Container Scanning tools).
- Exposure to SIEM Tools such as Splunk/Log Analytics/Elastic/Exabeam.
- Able to produce clear documentation to support the development activities.
- Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding of code versioning tools.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, Agile, competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and in group environments.
- Self-motivated, proactive, driven individual with strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication skills and expertise to translate technical jargon into business familiar language.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer's business.
- Adaptable, able to quickly switch between projects, demands and environments.
- Stakeholder management and business awareness skills, ability to understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations.
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow RiverSafe consultants.
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency; able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities.
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM* subject and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- 2 years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
Possibility of full time employment.Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.