Graduate Teaching Assistant role-BarnetSalary : Up to £450 per week
TimePlan Education is currently recruiting a Graduate Teaching Assistant to join an Ofsted Rated "Outstanding"
mainstream secondary school in Barnet. Job Role:
About the School:
- Graduate Teaching Assistants work with mainstream children, as well as some children who need additional support. This includes children with physical disabilities, learning, emotional, behavioural or communication difficulties, conditions such as autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia and ADHD, sensory impairments (for example, visual impairment) and sensory processing disorder.
- It is desirable (not essential) to have some SEN experience.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills are essential.
- Previous experience working with children is not essential, although other relevant experience (for example in a dance, drama, sports or arts capacity) would be advantageous.
- The role would particularly suit a candidate who hopes to go on to teacher training in September 2022.
The School offers:
- This school is dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence, and to the full richness of learning. They provide a high-achieving, aspirational environment: their high-quality teaching staff deploy the best in educational practice to ensure their students reach the highest levels of academic attainment. They are relentlessly ambitious for their success, tirelessly seeking to inspire them to outstanding results.
- The majority of their students achieve exceptionally well in A Levels and go on to Russell Group Universities to study. Challenging behaviour isn't a major issue at this school.
- The school welcome high achieving graduates, aspiring teachers, ideally with a passion for inspiring young people and SEND students, who want to have a taste of what it is like in an environment which cultivates achievement and success.
- excellent induction and CPD programme.
- competitive pay.
- various benefits to all employees through an extensive wellbeing programme.
- robust and supportive performance management systems
- a technology rich school.
- strong leadership and support.
- effective progression within the school
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare. Therefore, any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS).
- TimePlan Education Group Limited is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.