Qualified SEND PE Teacher (Part Time) An outstanding opportunity for a Qualified Physical Education Teacher within a SEND secondary School in Southwark. This role will start after the half term (June 2021) and will last until the end of the academic year (will be extended through to September for the right person) About the role:
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a vibrant and well run SEND school in Southwark, we are looking for a Qualified Physical Education Teacher with experience teaching Physical Education to KS4 available for a full time long term role until the end of the academic year (with potential extension into the next academic year)
You will need:
About the School:
- Experience working as a PE Teacher and teaching PE to KS4
- Hold valid Qualified Teaching Status - QTS
- Experience in demonstrating exceptional behavior management
- Able to demonstrate resilience, initiative and a drive for inspiring pupils to engage with education and learning
- Be available to start as soon as possible
As well as working in a Ofsted rated 'Good' SEND secondary school, you would also a part of an experienced and talented team of specialist staff who work in close unison to ensure a tailored education for each student. All students do have SEND with moderate to severe learning difficulties. This will range from ADHD, Autism, Downs Syndrome, Communication Difficulties and Physical Disabilities. SEND qualifications are not essential however are highly desirable (especially Team Teach!). People with primary experience are also well suited to this school.
The school is easily accessible by public transport and there is parking available onsite.Who we are at Opogo:
Our Vision at Opogo is to support education, together. Opogo is a community platform designed to help you stay on top of your career and growth progression by connecting you with experts and others in education. Our social hub is packed with rich content from our community experts. Through our ever-evolving technology, we will match you with the right job tailored to you skills, experience and location using our app.
- An app that centralises all your supply needs in one place!
- Receive direct bookings from schools and have confirmation within seconds via the Opogo app
- Full calendar management via the Opogo app - we will only contact you when you're available
- A simple and efficient compliance process - you can upload documents directly to the app
- Transparency to see and apply for roles that we are currently recruiting for
- Our Social hub provides a safe space for Teachers and Support Staff to collaborate, share resources and access 100's of free courses including Safeguarding, SEND and CPD training.
To apply for this particular position, please submit your CV via the button below. You will be redirected to the Opogo site where you will be connected with a dedicated member of the team and be asked to download the Opogo app. Any offers will be subject to vetting and relevant safeguarding checks. We look forward to working with you!