We are looking for a creative and dynamic qualified teacher who will be able to contribute to the development of the little learners in one of our Year 2 classes at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park.Your opportunity
At Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park, we are committed to delivering an enriched, engaging educational experience to all our little learners. If you share the same passion for inspiring young people, apply now.
You will have responsibility for leading and managing a rich educational experience for your class. You will work alongside your year group partner to assess, plan and carefully orchestrate with your teaching assistant, the best provision possible resulting in all children making accelerated progress and reaching at least national standards. As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With a multitude of progression routes and outstanding CPD for support staff, expect to be supported throughout your career whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader. Our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your goals. Join us in our mission to cultivate an exceptional learning environment for all our students.What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree.
- Experience and skills in teaching Phonics.
- A teacher who can accelerate progress and at least reach national standards.
- Someone who shares our passion, commitment, drive, enthusiasm, and hardworking ethos.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.About Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park opened in September 2011 in the heart of Peckham. Children can start our Academy in the nursery when they are 3 years old and they leave after Year Six, when they are 11. Our Academy is an exciting place to learn and our pupils work hard and behave well. Our specialism is Literacy and Communication and we believe that learning to read, write and communicate effectively is extremely important. In 2011 97% of our children achieved a L4 in English at the end of Year 6. 100% of children made two national curriculum levels of progress in English.10 Special Facts about our Academy
- We opened as a Harris Primary Academy in September 2011, with 60 happy, well-behaved and enthusiastic children in each of our year groups.
- Pupils at our Academy progress well in their learning.
- Pupils have a timetabled reading and phonics lesson each day in addition to a literacy lesson.
- Our pupils love coming to the Academy to learn and we celebrate our diversity.
- Expert Harris Secondary Academy teachers, in subjects like mathematics, art and PE, visit regularly to give our pupils a head start with the secondary curriculum.
- In work and in play, our pupils are encouraged towards traditional values: good manners, behaviour, enthusiasm for learning, and recognising right from wrong.
- We have some fabulous singers, dancers and actors here. Through our choir and many music and drama performances, pupils have lots of opportunities in the performing arts.
- Our dedicated, well-equipped art room and art specialist tutors mean that children have the opportunity to engage in exciting art projects.
- The Academy has a wealth of after school clubs such as sports, mathletics and phonics.
- We have Breakfast Club from 7:45 am and After school care from 3:30pm - 5:45pm daily
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Find out more about Our Benefits
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
Learn more About Harris and our Vision and Values
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Read our Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-OffendersDiversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Read our Diversity and Equality Notice