King Alfred School, established in 1898, is an informal co-educational independent day school situated on the edge of Hampstead Heath in London. With students from Reception age through to a flourishing Sixth Form, we are a vibrant and friendly community where the emphasis, both academically and socially, is on discovering and maximising the potential of each child.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring Digital Literacy Coordinator who is committed to the transformative power of learning technologies and is willing and able to help us seize opportunities to take learning to the next level across the curriculum.
The coordinator will be responsible to the Head of Lower School for the strategic development and delivery of their digital literacy programme. The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher with high level teaching, interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to inspire teaching staff and provide leadership in the creative and ethical use of learning technologies is essential.
At King Alfred School, knowledge skills and attributes underpin the children's learning. The successful candidate will have an understanding of how digital literacy can support learner agency and enquiry-based learning.
In addition to the teaching and promotion of digital literacy from Reception to Y8 at King Alfred School, this role will also include an opportunity to take on a pastoral role within our new Year 6-8 team, providing pastoral care and academic coaching within a cross curricular setting.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about learning and keen to develop professionally
- Understand and embrace the benefits of working collaboratively with colleagues
- Value and promote student voice
- Be committed to a holistic approach to education
- Have successful experience of, and a commitment to, enquiry-based learning
As well as sharing our values, the ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- Good honours degree + PGCE primary (QTS) or equivalent
- Several years of teaching experience with evidence of excellence in the use of technology to enhance learning
- Proven track record of being an excellent teacher
- Ability to establish successful relationships with pupils, parents and staff
If you share our vision and are reflective, hard-working, forward-thinking and keen to grow with our community, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply via our online application form.Closing date for applications: noon on 6th June 2021
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.