Age UK Hertfordshire is seeking an exceptional candidate for the role of Chief Executive Officer.
Age UK Hertfordshire is one of the largest and most well respected charities in Hertfordshire and the wider region. We have built an excellent reputation for the quality of our services and very positive working relationships with our commissioners, the STP and local partners.
We exist to promote the wellbeing of all older people and to help make later life in Hertfordshire a fulfilling and an enjoyable experience. With an average income of £3.9m pa, at Age UK Hertfordshire we provide an extensive range of high quality and well received services to over 3,000 older people each week.
For further service details see our website.
Now is a very exciting time to join Age UK Hertfordshire as CEO. Despite the challenges of the recent pandemic we have successfully maintained all our services and been recognised by local commissioners as being integral to maintaining the health and well-being of vulnerable local people. We are very proud of the depth of resilience shown by our staff and volunteers, and how they have embraced opportunities to work differently to deliver better outcomes more efficiently. As CEO, you will be responsible, alongside the Board of Trustees, for shaping the future direction of Age UK Hertfordshire. There will be a number of upcoming opportunities to grow and transform the organisation to be financially sustainable and fit for the future. You will be supported by a very talented and forward thinking Executive Team alongside a dynamic Board of Trustees to deliver joint ambitions.
We are therefore looking for a CEO with a wide range of skills able to take the organisation forward through a strategy refresh and the development of a structure that supports that strategy whilst maintaining the existing excellent services and staff team.The CEO needs to:
- Be an excellent leader
- Be committed to listening, involving and responding to older people
- Understand the role of the Board of Trustees
- Be a highly visible and excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Be a strategic thinker
- Have a strong track record of developing and translating strategy into measurable business development initiatives and plans
- Ensure financial sustainability of the organisation through sound financial planning, risk and business management, income generation and creating efficiencies when opportunities arise
- Work in partnership with other organisations including developing services with others
- Have excellent analytic skills, able to produce and interpret financial and performance data through the development of a key performance data framework
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with commissioners, local Age UKs, Age UK and key local partners.
Salary: £56,320-£61,440, dependent on experience
Deadline: 25 June 2021 5pm
Interviews will be held on 7 and 9 July
For further information about Age UK Hertfordshire visit our website and for an informal conversation about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgTO APPLY
Applications need to include:
- A covering letter explaining why you wish to be considered for the role and how your skills and experience make a difference and add value.
- A CV
- The completed application form.
All three should be emailed via the button below.
Please note if the national restrictions allow, and it is safe and practical to do so, we would welcome visits to meet our clients and staff ahead of the interview. This would need to be arranged in advance.