Higher Level Teaching Assistant or Equivalent
Required for September 2021
Bexhill Academy would like to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) with various experiences and interests, along with the desire to work closely in support of young people to enable them to reach their potential. An empathetic approach to students with learning differences is an essential requirement of the post.
The role will involve:
- To lead and teach provision for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) throughout the Academy.
- Liaise with teaching staff to ensure they are supporting the delivery of the curriculum for ASD students and use data to track progress.
- To promote and facilitate the development of inclusive practices and to raise attainment and achievement of students with ASD.
The successful candidates will possess HLTA Qualifications, GCSEs graded A*-C in English, Maths and Science and it would be desirable for candidates to be educated to degree level or at least level 4.
We are looking for enthusiastic dedicated staff with one or more of the following interests or skills;
- experience with literacy and numeracy
- experience with students with special educational need (in particular, but not exclusively - High Functioning Autism)
Equivalent to Single Status Grade 8 Points 20-22 £23,598-£25,487 per annum pro rata (£20,548.60-£21,860.00 per annum).Hours and Basis:
37 hours per week, term-time only
For further information about the Academy and an application form please visit our website www.bexhillacademy.org
If you require more information about the post or would like to visit the Academy, please contact Lucy Culshaw, SENCO - email@example.com
Please send or email completed Academy application forms to firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease note, we do not accept CVs or applications via agencies.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am Monday 21st June 2021The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.