Head of Audiences and Marketing
The Head of Audiences and Marketing will have a pivotal role in achieving the Festival's aspiration to reach 66 million people globally.
This will be through the development and delivery of an innovative audience and marketing strategy that takes account of the UK-wide nature of the Festival, the four nations that are involved, the five sectors that are represented, the international ambition of what is being created, and the range and diversity of the organisations and individuals involved in creating the 10 very different Festival commissions.
The role will involve working with the 10 commissioned teams, who have developed their own audience and engagement plans, to ensure a coherent and integrated approach that delivers maximum engagement with individuals and diverse communities throughout the UK, as well as overseas.Responsibilities
Skills and Experience Required
- Develop and deliver an innovative and responsive audience and marketing strategy for Festival UK* 2022.
- Lead a team to maximise marketing and digital to build audiences and maximise the potential for each of the 10 Festival commissions to reach millions of people, nationally and globally.
- Utilise research and segmentation strategies to identify audiences.
- Maximise the potential of digital to creatively reach audiences and showcase the festival programme.
- Work with festival producers and commissioned teams to develop and implement campaigns that reach beyond obvious audiences and reflect and maximise the cross-cutting ambition of STEAM.
- Work with the Strategic Delivery Bodies for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales to ensure a joined-up approach to marketing and audience development throughout the UK.
- Identify potential partnerships to help reach audiences.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Relevant qualification and/or substantial experience of segmentation techniques to identify and build and market to audiences gained at a senior level.
- Strategic approach to channel identification to target identified audience segments, including advertising, print, direct mail, broadcast and digital.
- Staff management.
- Experience of audience development and public engagement in the cultural sector or on major events.
- Knowledge of international models and initiatives around building audiences.
Salary: £60,000-65,000Further Info
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Closing Date - 10/06/2021
For more details, download the Job Description.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.