Our client is looking for an ambitious Junior Product Engineer to work primarily within electronics, testing and analysis as part of our product development but also assisting within our production facility. Capable of working to the highest quality standards in assembly and testing their advanced high tech products.
A 'can-do' attitude that supports our work with customers that include global aerospace and automotive organisations amongst others.
* Minimum qualification required is a degree / HNC or equivalent or served apprenticeship in a relevant field of high technology products.
* At least 1 to 3 years of industry experience in electronics assembly or similar.
* Capabilities to include assembly techniques for miniature printed circuit boards and components (down to 0201 size), with a track record of successful work experience.
* You will be working closely with the team of technologists, so you must have hands-on capability across a breadth of electronics assembly skills including PCB assembly, electronic system assembly and wiring, soldering and mechanical skills for assembling hardware.
* Experience of using test equipment, and ability to understand and adapt to new equipment and test requirements.
* Experience of operating within a manufacturing environment including chemical manufacturing processes would be advantageous.
* Experience within a Product Development environment would be required as some work in terms of moving prototype products into production including teardown and analysis.
* Organised to be able to document clearly and communicate with stakeholders.
* Ability to read technical drawings is essential, and experience of using CAD software tools such as Solidworks would be advantageous.
* Familiarity with health & safety procedures and regulations that affect the role is required.
* We're looking for a self-starter who can understand a task brief and run with it, seeking help and mentorship as required, but with successful accomplishment founded on personal knowledge and skill.
* Time management is essential as is flexibility as meeting customer deadline is essential to any high growth company