Our mission is to help everyone save for a more financially secure future. This means achieving the best financial outcomes for our own members, while fighting for a fair pension system to enable all pension savers to enjoy the retirement they deserve. We do this by highlighting pension inequalities and campaigning for change.
At NOW: Pensions we pride ourselves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.
We always put our customers at the heart of everything we do and make it our priority to ensure that our customers get the most value for their money.
We want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that our proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at NOW: Pensions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Operations, we are seeking an experienced Operations Manager who will have responsibility for servicing Employers and Payroll Bureaux. The successful candidate will lead 2 Team Leaders and should be flexible and adept at managing Front Office Contact Support and Back Office administration.
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following within the role (this list is not exhaustive):
- Ensuring the consistent achievement of KPI's and operational goals
- Coaching and developing Team Leaders to ensure they effectively lead, develop & inspire their teams to deliver their own objectives
- Managing the day-to-day flow of work and data across the operation
- Overseeing the quality of service delivered to our customer groups to ensure that the key business risks are being identified and appropriately managed
- Overseeing regular resource planning and participating in recruitment activity
- Carrying out probation and performance reviews in accordance with our Managing Performance and Probation policies and procedures and support your team with setting their objectives
- Using data based insight to identify areas for improvement within our processes and act on root causes.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and behaviours to create an empowered, positive and engaged workforce who put the customer at the heart of everything they do
- Ensuring open and meaningful internal communication at all levels and across business functions.
- Attending meetings of the NOW: Pensions Trustee Operations Committee and other meetings with external parties as required.
- Provide oversight that ensures a robust 1st line of defence for both risks and controls.
- Actively promoting our core values, ethics and culture
- Follow and adhere to the standard processes and guidelines as set by the business and our policies and procedures
- Ensuring the NOW: Pensions fulfils its legal obligations and is compliant with the Data Protection Act, The Pensions Regulator
- 10+ years Financial Services Contact Centre/Back Office Administration experience
- 5+ years' experience managing at least 15 staff directly or one level removed
- Ability and experience in the management, development & motivation of staff/Team Leaders
- Experience of owning business change initiatives to drive performance improvement
- 5+ years DC Pensions/Automatic Enrolment Master Trust experience
You will be a leader within the business, setting best practice standards that your teams will have to deliver to. You will actively champion collaboration across the Operations team and wider business functions.Communication & Relationships
This role requires the establishment and maintenance of excellent relationships with a wide variety of stakeholder groups, colleagues, teams and external suppliers. As a result, great communication skills are needed.Company Values
You must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to promote the company values in service delivery and your employment. Observe and comply with the Code of Conduct.
The company's values are summarised as follows: Honesty
We are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
We are true to our word and deliver on our promises. Innovation
We are passionate about progress and creating a better future.
We encourage creative thinking.
We are always looking for better ways to do things. Teamwork
We always bring solutions not problems.
We foster a culture of knowledge and sharing. Thoughtfulness
We are considerate and respectful of our colleagues.
We put ourselves in the shoes of the customer when making decisions that may affect them.Management of Risk & Compliance
It is every employee's responsibility to take responsibility for Risk and Compliance in their day to day work. You will need to demonstrate adherence to external and internal risks and compliance, as well as ensuring regulatory and legal standards are met. You will actively follow all relevant procedures, mandatory training requirements and keeping appropriate records, reporting to Compliance any areas of concern.BenefitsAmongst other benefits we offer the following*:
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme (5% Employee / 10% Employer (total 15%))
- 25 days Annual Leave, increasing to 30 days after two years employment (plus the eight Bank Holidays in England and Wales)
- Private Healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Travel Ticket Loans
- Cycle Scheme
*please be aware that some benefits are dependent on length of service and successful completion of a six-month probationary period.Privacy Statement
By submitting your application, you consent to NOW: Pensions Ltd ("NOW: Pensions") processing your personal data including, where applicable, sensitive personal data to consider your suitability for employment with NOW: Pensions. You can withdraw your application and the consent for processing your personal data at any time. Your personal data will be retained by us only for so long as is necessary to consider your application. If you are successful in the recruitment process, depending on the role that you have applied for, we may need to undertake screening checks on you and may need to pass your personal data to a third party. We will seek your permission before we do this. If you are successful and become an employee of NOW: Pensions, your personal data may become a part of your personnel file. For further information on how NOW: Pensions processes your personal data and on your rights in respect of the data, please visit: www.nowpensions.com/privacy-policy/Application closure date: 09.06.2021Reference ID: NOT144Application deadline: 09/06/2021Job Type: Full-time