SECURE DIGITAL EXCHANGE
Digital communication plays a critical role in bringing people together, breaking down physical barriers that exist even in normal times.
But it's far from "business as usual" - the Coronavirus crisis has thrown up barriers that no one could have anticipated a few short weeks ago.
Now, more than ever, companies need to stay in touch with their customers.
SDX (Secure Digital Exchange) is here to help, delivering a secure digital alternative to vulnerable physical distribution channels, ensuring that businesses continue to reach out to their customers in these challenging times.SOFTWARE DEVELOPER OPPORTUNITY
Here at SDX we create and deliver innovative, secure digital-delivery solutions which empower our clients and their customers to communicate effectively and efficiently.
Due to increasing demand for our secure digital communication solutions, we are building the team and currently looking for a developer with real-world experience delivering high quality web-based solutions.
SDX offers a challenging but rewarding environment, working alongside like-minded, bright and enthusiastic developers and management.Job Role and Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining our TypeScript front-end tools, and Java and Kotlin back-end services
- Writing workflow solutions for the client and customer (XML and pug templates that compile into XML)
- Configuring PostgreSQL database tables, views, and functions for the solution
- Research and audit new libraries and techniques for designing and implementing solutions for customer cases
- Working closely with clients with plenty of direct communication
- Developing Quality Assurance procedures
Standard working hours are 37.5 hours per week, weekdays between 8am and 5pm, starting and ending with brief team meetings.
SDX provides equipment and software to team members, we fully commit to providing our developers with the best hardware and software tools to get the job done. All developer machines run Mac or Windows OS and have at least 4 cores, 16GB RAM, and lots of fast storage. Booting your PC and building the codebase shouldn't be boring!
We encourage personal development planning and will regularly review staff performance and satisfaction. We value everyone's input and ideas, nothing is "set in stone" in our software and tools; if we can do something better, we want you to let us know.Candidate Requirements
- Relevant industry experience is highly valued
- Knowledge in modern web development techniques and libraries
- Problem solving and a drive to learn
- Communication skills
- Experience with web frameworks such as Mithril, React, Vue, Angular
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts helpful
- Unit testing and coverage tools
- Experience with "mobile first" web page layout and design
- Project delivery and scheduling experience
- Ability to work alone and in a small team, and to take initiative
- Creative approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Experience of remote working and delivering as part of a geographically dispersed team
It's unlikely that any one person can fulfil every requirement, but if you tick even half of our boxes, we would be very interested in learning what you can add to the team and how we might work together in these exciting times of growth!