Job Title: Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 dependent upon experience plus benefits
Location: Commutable from Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Warrington, Preston areas
Are you a Design Engineer looking for a new interesting and varied challenge? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made quickly? Do you enjoy working with a shop floor staff to see your own designs brought to life? If yes, this could be the opportunity for you......
Specialist recruiter MARTIN ANTHONY has been assigned by a leading company who specialise in the manufacture of high spec bespoke products.
* To work within a dedicated team of Engineers providing design, manufacturing and process support within the department and to production.
* Improve current products and design - prototype, test and see through to production, new products when required.
* Troubleshooting of problems, implementing robust solutions and managing projects within defined timescales.
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
* Experience working within a specialist manufacturer
* Sound working knowledge of 2 & 3D CAD
* Mechanical component, assembly + Jig & Fixture design experience
* A clear understanding of design for manufacture
* A broad knowledge of manual manufacturing and assembly processes
* Champion of continuous improvement, and the tools employed in such practices
* Technical troubleshooting & analysis
* Bills of Labour & Material creation
* Liaising with outside suppliers on technical aspects & internal stakeholders
* Manual / Procedural documentation creation
* Planning & Organisational
Skills and Experience required:
* Degree / HND and industry experience.
* Relevant apprenticeship & minimum HNC with demonstrable history of progression.
* Experience in the Automotive industry is desirable but not essential
* Experience/or working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles is desirable
* Good team player
* Effective communicator at all levels
* 'Hands on' practical qualities and approach to problem solving.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV to MARTIN ANTHONY or call Martin Doherty for more details.
Please note - MARTIN ANTHONY are currently experiencing large volumes of applications, so if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion