Job Title - Finance Business Partner
Function - Finance
Location - Nottingham City Centre
Type - Permanent (full time, 37.5 hours per week)
Salary - £48,000 - £64,000 per annum
Closing Date - 24 April 2021
NHS Supply Chain has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our Finance Management team. In this role you will be responsible for financial contract management of the service providers, and internal overheads ensuring cost efficient service delivery throughout SCCL. This is your chance to join a £2bn turnover national healthcare and supply chain organisation.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner Manager, you will play a key role, driving astute commercial and financial decision making across the outsourced service providers and SCCL (internal) overheads. You will have responsibility for financial contract management of the service providers and internal budget holders, ensuring cost efficient service delivery.
This role will suit fresh thinker, you will have an enquiring mind; a continual improvement mindset to solve complex problems, whilst reflecting and improving existing processes and procedures. You will hold excellent communication skills: ultimately you will need to understand your Stakeholder's needs and requirements in order to provide excellent customer service. You will be an expert on the processes within your area, able to take your Stakeholders on a journey to help them understand business changes and strategy.
What does a Finance Business Partner do at NHS Supply Chain?
* Responsible for review of open book cost reviews, and provides necessary challenge
* Produces the monthly statement of costs for 3rd Party Providers, and SCCL costs in a clear and concise manner to internal/external stakeholders
* Manages key stakeholder relationships across outsourced providers, and internal stakeholders
* Provide clear and concise data sets on complex multi project business cases to finance and non-finance managers
* Leads on the development and implementation of financial improvement initiatives.
* Coaches, mentors and provides financial leadership to non-finance staff and provides financial management and financial system training to non-finance staff as required
* Provides advice to the business on complex issues
* Owns and drives the 3rd Party providers and SCCL financial business plan/forecast
* Owns Risk and Ops reporting to internal stakeholders
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
* Qualified Accountant, whether that be through experience or a recognised qualification (CIMA, ACCA)
* Extensive experience of working in an "Open Book" environment
* Experience of implementing financial improvement initiatives across a complex organisation
* Ability to create complex financial models from scratch which can be used at C-Suite level
* Experience of outsource provider contract management
* Advanced budgeting and costing techniques
* Experience of managing and improving the relationships with key strategic partner organisations
* Experience of financially managing and reporting on complex projects (investment appraisal, monitoring costs, producing forecasts, capitalising projects)
* People Management experience, with ability to set deliverables and great coaching skills
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
* A competitive salary
* Performance led bonus scheme,
* 35 days holiday (including bank holidays) and you can purchase additional days through a purchase scheme
* Contributory pension scheme
* Flexible benefits scheme - you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits that suit you
* Childcare vouchers
* High street discounts
* National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
* Eye Care vouchers
* Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a government organisation that acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products that meet the diverse needs of the NHS across all areas.
All our colleagues share the same values. We are: ambitious, enterprising, respectful, innovative and integral. It is through our behaviours, passion and excellence, that we can improve lives as the supply chain partner of choice for the NHS.
* Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
* For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: (url removed)
* For an informal discussion about the role, please contact our recruitment team on (url removed)
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer