Front End Technical Architect required to join our Engineering team.As a Front End Architect at Wunderman Thompson Commerce, you will
- Lead on technical direction by documenting and assisting in defining the functional and technical requirements of different applications.
- Generate documentation about UI architecture, interactions and behaviours with REST APIs or any other mechanism to process data (GraphQL, etc.)
- Evaluate new frameworks and tools that can be integrated into the existing applications without breaking previous implementations.
- Take an active part in formulating and refining the technical vision.
- Implement front-end development workflows building systems, dependency management, quality checkers (lining)
- Create pattern libraries and style guides according to the project's requirements.
- Resolve technical blockers in the front-end application development.
- Make significant contributions to the front-end technology stack and documentation.
- Overlook and review the work of the team to ensure that the architecture decisions are being executed and the team is following coding standards and architecture guidelines.
- Champion the promotion of cross-team collaboration including BE/QA/DevOps/CX teams
- Help mentoring engineers in their career progression.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes to keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!We need you to be really great at
If you know any of this even better
- Extensive commercial React experience with a solid understanding of the core concepts including recent additions ie Hooks, Context API, preferably in a lead position.
- Experience building, supporting and deploying large, interactive web applications at scale, taking into account performance, security, accessibility and maintainability.
- Solid understanding of state management technologies/approaches i.e. Redux, Flux
- Commercial Experience with a Type Checking language either Flow or TypeScript (we use TypeScript)
- Commercial experience of unit testing/Integration/end-to-end testing (we use Jest, React-testing-libraries and Cypress)
- Experience of using CSS pre-processors, CSS-in-JS (we use SASS and styled-components)
- Solid understanding of the Agile methodology i.e. Story point estimation, refinement, sprint planning, retrospective, sprint demos
- Commercial experience of using version control tooling (GIT) in a large development team performing Continuous Integration.
- Deep understanding/awareness of Accessibility, SEO Principles, Security and Performance best practices
- Proven experience in creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Experience in bringing multiple viewport responsive and adaptive web designs to life.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Knowledge of Node and NextJS
- Additional Commercial eCommerce platform experience - Magento/Hybris /Shopify
- Experience of working on Java/Node/C#/PHP projects would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with content management platforms such as AEM
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.