Finance Manager | Fast Growth VC Backed Tech Platform | Central London
We are delighted to be working exclusively with a VC backed Tech platform who are looking for a relatively newly qualified Finance Manager as they scale. Growing incredibly quickly, the company saw revenue grow from £4m in 2019 to £8m in 2020 (Year 3). They are on track to do almost £20m in 2021!
Having just moved into a spectacular new office of their own with plenty of room for expansion they saw headcount double in 2020 to circa 80. Based in Central London they are looking to add to their young, ambitious team who are motivated by having a real impact in the success of a scaling business. Crucially they want to have lot of fun in the process! They are a down to earth, sociable bunch with a healthy approach to work-life balance despite the incredibly fast paced environment!
Their product is innovative and is disrupting an industry which is yet to properly be impacted by the Tech revolution. In the midterm they will also be launching a SaaS based solution. Backed by one of London's major VC funds they have raised substantial Series A Investment which will support a city by city based expansion across the UK and into Europe in 2021/22.
The Finance Manager will report to an exceptional Head of Finance with extensive exposure to leadership teams and both Co-Founders. Ultimately this role is responsible for building and improving Finance processes to facilitate rapid expansion. It will sit across day-to-day Finance, month-end reporting, Management Accounting and Commercial Finance (FP&A and Budgeting)
Managing all elements of Finance there will also be plenty of ad-hoc projects around fundraising and expansion projects.
· Manage the production of Management Accounts providing insightful commentary and analysis
· Own the day-to-day Finance piece covering AP, AR, Credit Control with a view to streamlining and automating these processes
· Own the month-end process (journals, prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations) looking to continuously improve this process
· Support the Head of Finance with improvement and production of FP&A, financial analysis and financial modelling
· Support the Head of Finance with the implementation of SaaS KPI's
· Provide Business Partner support to multiple areas of the business improving decision making and business insight
· Provide financial analysis and decision support to Sales and Marketing teams
· Support the Head of Finance with Year-End Statutory Reporting (IFRS) liaising with Auditors
· Implement improved financial controls
· Build out and manage a Finance team
What we need to see (Essential):
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
· Excellent communication skills
· Desire to work in a fast growth start-up
What we'd like to see (Non-Essential):
· Experience implementing improved financial reporting processes
· Experience owning month end and management accounting
· Prior start-up experience
· Technically strong
· A real enthusiasm for commercial analysis
Location: Central London + flexible working/ remote working
Package: £50,000- £60,000 + share options
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ