We're on a mission to build the world's greatest social bank. We believe that banking needs to change for the better. When money is used correctly, it can transform our daily lives and positively impact the planet.About The Team
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company's mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people's lives for good.What You'll Be Doing
What You'll Need
- Banking application Managing the relationship with the regulators as the banking application progresses, co-ordinating the response to queries and acting as the main point of contact.
- Risk management framework Developing and maintaining a robust and comprehensive risk management framework in order to identify, manage and report the main risks the bank is exposed to;
- Risk appetite Providing a constructive oversight and challenge to the first line of defence on risk appetite, challenging proposed decisions and providing direction where risks have the potential to exceed risk appetite or breach policies;
- Regulatory requirements Leading the completion of the bank's regulatory requirements, such as the ICAAP;
- Risk Culture Role modeling the Risk culture in the organisation, demonstrating enhanced risk behaviours, with a particular focus on giving and receiving constructive challenge, learning from experience and taking ownership;
- Risk Education Supporting the wider risk education of the management group, sharing knowledge and promoting an open and collaborative attitude to Risk;and
- Compliance Overseeing the compliance and anti-money laundering (AML) function of the bank and supporting the Head of Compliance in their overall responsibility for monitoring and ensuring that processes, products, and policies accord with applicable rules.
- Governance Chairing the Risk & Compliance Committee with the purpose of overseeing the management of enterprise governance, risk, compliance and control activities at the company with a view to identify and manage significant existing and emerging risk and their impact on the company's risk profile and viability.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing risk management practices in financial institutions;
- Clear understanding of retail banking and capital adequacy;
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices;
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills;
- Team-working ability and previous people management experience; and
- Good communication skills and experience in dealing with senior stakeholders.
This job description is intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of the role, but is not to be regarded as a full statement of tasks to be undertaken nor as putting restrictions on tasks the job holder can reasonably be requested to perform by his line manager.Diversity
We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgement or prejudice. These principles apply to all, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, religion, appearance, political beliefs, educational background, class, and position or tenure within the company. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are central to the direction we take at Kroo, and are considered across all aspects of our business.Closing date
31st May 2021