Job Title: Associate Company Secretary Location: London Bridge (flexible working) Salary: Competitive Full time/Permanent JOB PURPOSE
Kantar has an exciting vacancy for an enthusiastic, organised and dynamic Associate Company Secretary. The successful candidate will perform a key role in driving strong corporate governance in the organisation and supporting the management of our legal entities. We are seeking a personable, resilient and team focussed individuals who will work hard, bring good experience and ideas and also contribute to our friendly team culture. This job would suit a qualified company secretary with at least 10 years broad ranging company experience and with experience of operating across multiple countries.
Reporting directly to the Company Secretary, the Associate Company Secretary provides assistance to the Company Secretary on a wide range of corporate governance tasks and will play a role in the team which forms a link between Group subsidiaries and Parent company. The post holder will deputise for the Company Secretary during periods of absence.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for someone with a 'can do' attitude and can demonstrate the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of corporate governance and best practice. Manage international agencies handling local requirements and maintain contact to ensure governance requirements.
- Experience of managing complex arrangements to a high degree of accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness.
- Able to motivate and deliver thorough legal entity management, assist in minuting committee meetings, manage delegated authorities and keep and maintain the Group's subsidiary company books and records.
- Requires experience of assisting with restructures, year end and annual accounts filings.
- Experience of working with international businesses EU, LATAM and APAC.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and using databases.
- Ability to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or confidential information.
- Well-developed inter-personal and influencing skills.
The role is accountable to the Company Secretary and key relationships will be with the Group Legal team and finance members including Tax, Treasury, Financial controllers and M&A Counsel. WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
- Qualified company secretary with at least 10 years' experience.
- Experience in working in a global business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legal requirements and governance best practices.
- Experience of working in a private equity backed environment would be beneficial.
- Methodical with high level organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage their own workload often with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including writing reports and minutes for Board committees.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of the business, our clients and stakeholders and their objectives.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must. Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings.