CSP Recruitment are looking for a driven, motivated and committed individual who will join a highly respected Food Manufacturer as the Engineering Team Leader
The company is based in West Leicestershire and are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and will be very hands on.
This is a permanent position and you will be required to work on a Monday to Friday day shift, however you will need to be fully flexible to work additional/out of hours when required. The salary on offer is up to £45,000
Reporting to the Engineering Maintenance Manager, the main objective for this role is to provide a pro-active approach to the prevention of equipment failure and ensuring the scheduled PM is carried out as planned. To ensure quality, waste and efficiency targets are met by working as an integral part of the manufacturing team. Following all Health & Safety procedures at all times.
Main responsibilities for the Engineering Team Leader are:
1. Carry out work assignments issued by the Engineering Maintenance Manager and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
2. Demonstrate a team approach with regard to maintenance and hygiene of equipment and support (teams of) operators.
3. Ensure that all Work Orders, PM's issued to the shift are completed.
4. Complete and check all necessary paper work.
5. Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritised work as agreed and to meet operational targets
6. Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP's, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards (e.g. Food Safety, PPE etc.).
7. Resolve mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion.
8. Stock control - to order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
9. Where necessary, must initiate the purchase of parts or equipment completing the relevant order requisition forms with relevant information
10. Provide the Engineering manager with information on all engineering downtime attended on shift,, related quality issue, work orders completed, PM's completed and other details as required.
11. Ensure that hand-overs are smooth and efficient whilst sharing relevant information with shift engineers
12. Identify and analyse problems before crises and determine appropriate action and follow-up.
13. Ensure remedial works to equipment raised by work order or PM's are highlighted to the Lead engineer.
14. Complete "Permit to Work' system when appropriate.
15. Instruct un-skilled/semi-skilled people in simple operations of equipment and set up of machinery
16. Advise teams (of Operators) on a continuous basis with regard to simple maintenance and/or continuous improvement.
You will work closely with the Production (Supervisors and operators), QA and Warehouse team under the supervision of the Engineering Manager.
Primarily based on the shop floor in all production areas and engineering workshop. Some work may also involve working outside or on roof area, stairwells, ducts, plant rooms, office areas and warehouse. You may also have to:
* Work in warm, humid, cold or wet environments for short periods of time.
* Work in confined spaces ensuring permit procedures are adhered to.
* Work with hot equipment using suitable safe systems of work and/or PPE.
Qualifications/Experience & Background for the Engineering Team Leader:
* Previous food processing industry experience highly desirable
* Electrical bias preferred, mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
* 2 Years experience of working in an automated production environment.
* A good standard of both written and oral English
* Basic Food Hygiene
* Basic Health & Safety
* Data and analytical skills
* Computer literate. (word/excel/windows based packages)
PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control ,instrumentation, welding, FLT license.
Use of power tools, drills, grinders, cutting equipment, saws, files, presses.
Use of ladders, steps, walkways.
PLEASE NOTE: due to location you will need to drive/have your own transport
If you are looking for a new challenge to work in a well established company that will give you an opportunity to excel in your area of expertise, then please apply now with your most up-to-date CV