Job Title: Director Of MFLSalary: Lead Practitioner Scale 7-11£49,261 - £54,357Isle of WightJob Start: September 2021
Closing date: Monday 24th May
Interview date: Friday 28th May 2021
Empowering Learning are working with a good secondary school on the Isle of Wight to support them to recruit for an exciting opportunity to join their school. This role has become vacant following the promotion of the current post holder to a regional role within their Trust. As such, the school are looking for a high calibre, versatile and enthusiastic leader to continue to grow and shape the school's MFL department. You will be an experienced MFL teacher, second-in-charge or current Head of Languages. You must have significant experience of delivering Spanish (and possibly another language as well) in UK secondary schools.
The school truly value the importance of Modern Foreign Languages and every child studies a language at both KS3 and KS4. This is reflected in the excellent salary for this role and the additional benefits and support the school can provide for the right candidate, including:
This is a key leadership role in the Academy and to be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Relocation payment of up to £3,000
- Leading a talented and expanding MFL faculty
- a strong culture of professional development
- superb, state-of-the-art facilities
- an Ofsted 'Good' school with high standards and high expectations
- collaborative opportunities across the wider Trust
- An onsite nursery provision which is also rated as good by Ofsted
- QTS or QTLS
- Ability to deliver consistently good and better lessons across the age-groups of the Academy
- Ability to teach Spanish up to KS5
- Ambitions to develop the potential of our students
- Your ability as an excellent leader who can take responsibility for the leadership of the MFL department
- That you are a good colleague, who can work with the other members of the faculty and the wider staff in the best interests of the students and the Academy
- A willingness to participate fully in the wider life of the academy.
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare and therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd.