Copello are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of an established defence manufacturer based in Dorset. Acting as the Mechanical Design Authority, you'll be required to produce and maintain full CAD models and detailed design drawings for each product, as well as assisting in the development of hardware, system design, post design support and product/project documentation.
You will be responsible for:
- Mechanical design and development of electronic instrumentation within Naval, Marine, Aviation or general Defence applications.
- Product lifecycle from capture of customer or market requirements, through to final design review and certification
- Undertaking detailed mechanical analysis of designs for feasibility of construction, tolerancing, materials, stress, shock, vibration, ingress protection, thermal dynamics, environmental impact and reliability
- Producing verification, validation and qualification test plans in accordance with relevant standards
- Product safety, compliance, safety and process FMEA, risk mitigation
- Producing detailed BoM's and assembly and installation drawings to support the lifecycle development
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Design
- Experience using Solidworks or similar CAD and analysis tools
- Solid understanding of MRP systems and BoM management
- Solid understanding of Military, Defence and CE standard qualification test procedures
- Material selection and analysis, and thermal and mechanical analysis experience
- Basic Electrical and wiring layout
The company offers a competitive salary of £37-£42K (DoE) plus fantastic learning and development opportunities. The role is based out of Dorset and is commutable from Bournemouth, Weymouth, Salisbury, Southampton.
For more information or to apply, please contact Rebecca on (phone number removed) or