Who are we looking for?
We have a great opportunity for you to join us as the IT Support Shift Team Leader (note this role is not permanent shift working) within the CODAS & IT department. You will provide a vital role managing an established team and be involved with providing 1st line support for the UKAEA and Culham site. The role involves ensuring experimental, business and scientific IT service availability is maximised and available at all times as well as being part of a team supporting IT services used in the development of leading edge technologies.
To fulfil the requirements for this exciting opportunity you will have the ability to lead a team, work to deadlines and to solve unique problems.
You will need to use analytical skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner and have the ability to manage yours and the teams time, whilst sometimes working under time pressure.
This IT Support Shift Team Leader would suit someone that can communicate information clearly to your team at all levels of the business, has the desire to lead and develop the team as it transitions into newer ways of delivering IT support and has good safety awareness, transferring this into developing a strong safety culture within the team.
What will you be responsible for?
* Direct line management of the IT Support Shift team (currently 6 members). Responsible for all staff management matters. Delivering IT support alongside the team and applying technical knowledge and experience to ensure workflows are managed in an efficient and timely manner.
* The job holder will form part of the team providing 1st line IT support services for business and operational IT systems primarily in the main data centre including desktop PCs, laptops, servers, data storage systems, plant computer systems, networks, printers, software and video conferencing services.
* The first line support and monitoring of computer building services, e.g. power and cooling for the main datacentre as well as remote IT facilities located across the site.
* Apply, develop and promote the use of ITIL processes within the team and related activities.
* Work closely with and support the datacentre manager.
The role is normal hours and not shift permanent shifts, however it is possible that cover for shifts may be required for shift shortfalls due to illness or availability of staff cover. It should be pointed out that this is a very rare occurrence. Part of the role is to support equipment on plant in areas that are under radiological control