Front End Web Developer - Online voting sites
Home / North London (N8)
£25 - 29K + comprehensive range of UK Employee Benefits
***Can you develop eye catching and engaging websites? ***
This is a great opportunity to join a talented team that set up and configure online voting sites using our clients bespoke Content Management Systems.
Our Clients Election Services product is the UK's leading provider of Election services. Every year they support 100's of organisations to deliver secure online voting solutions.
* Liaise with the Customer team to understand client requirements
* Manage project requirements for multiple customers (Agency environment)
* Create and configure online voting sites, nomination sites and platforms, (sites that host additional election information), using the relevant client and election information held on the company's job management system.
* Preparing candidates statements in HTML format from client copy. Statements may involve photos which may require reformatting or resizing.
Essential skills required:
* 1 - 2 years commercial experience in web design using HTML, CSS and a CMS such as WordPress, BlogSpot or Drupal
* Excellent problem-solving and technical skills in building, configuring and managing content on websites
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
* Our online products and services should be eye-catching and engaging, so a flair for colour application, composition and layout is important, as is identifying features that will add to the overall design.
* Must enjoy working under pressure to tight deadlines.
* Excellent time management skills - must be able to prioritise projects and be flexible as when they change.
* Familiarity with website security, accessibility and browser compatibility issues are a strong advantage, as is experience of mobile responsive website design, search engine optimisation (SEO) and tools such as Google Analytics.
* Experience using jQuery for web development is advantageous.
* Experience of working in a project-based environment, such as a web design agency would be advantageous.
* Microsoft Certifications or other accreditations are an advantage
* An understanding of and interest in elections and voting systems useful