Desktop Support Engineer, Leeds
ESP Global Services are currently recruiting a level 1 Desktop Support Engineer to join our team based in Leeds. Employed by ESP you will be based onsite at one of our valued customer sites located close to Leeds station.
We are a managed service provider for IT support and infrastructure solutions where we support clients, worldwide, 24/7. As the Desktop Support Engineer, you will provide and maintain continuity of services for all desktop devices for the customer as well as provision new starter employees with corporate supplied software and hardware.
We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and increasing their existing knowledge, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
A snapshot of what you will be doing:
* Respond to customer incidents and service requests and manage through to a successful resolution
* Deliver desk-side support services to the customer
* Deliver hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops across the site
* Provide standard and approved hardware and software support and maintenance on desktop devices
* Support, manage and maintain the configuration and installation of desktops, including patch updates and hardware replacements
* Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements.
* Provide VIP support for desk side issues
What are we looking for?
* Previous experience of working onsite providing Desktop Support
* You will be a confident communicator able to engage with all levels of staff
* Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software and Operating Systems
* An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
This role will be working Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
ESP offers a basic salary up to £25,000 + pension + life assurance and access to ongoing training and career development.
Please apply now to be considered. We will endeavour to get back to all applicants by phone/email.