We have an exciting new opportunity for a full-time permanent Business Intelligence Analyst
to join us here at Thrive Homes!
Thrive Homes is an award-winning housing association with a strong track record and ambitious plans. Thrive exists to provide good quality affordable homes and services enabling the development of communities where people enjoy living. We manage over 5,000 properties and are continuing to build new homes each year.
We operate full agile working conditions from home and our office in Apsley, Hertfordshire. We pride ourselves on looking after our employees by offering progressive careers and leading benefits. We are continuing to grow as an organisation and aim to attract the very best talent.The Role:
This role will be responsible for Thrive's Business Reporting and Data Analysis. It involves leading the delivery of the business Information Reporting, Business KPI reporting, ad-hoc departmental reporting, and some Business Statutory report submission for the whole of Thrive. These are the key priorities for this role.
- To develop a corporate suite of MI reports, providing business intelligence back into the organisation highlighting trends and forecasts
- Standardising and automating reporting to ensure the best use systems and resources.
- Own and manage data reporting across the Group to ensure accuracy of data and consistency of style.
- Work to support Business Transformation initiatives, helping projects teams develop MI requirements.
- Ad-hoc reporting: Working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver ad-hoc reports. This will be likely to involve multiple iterations to refine the requirements, and value; co-working to finalise the report
- Data Analysis: To investigate and provide insight, and ideas, of other possible reporting opportunities, of value, based on combinations of data or trends identified
- Data quality: Ensuring anomalous data identified is rectified and a cause identified. This will involve highlighting business process issues and tracking to resolution.
- Challenge colleagues for data provided via non-systematic means - accuracy reviews
The skills you will need:
- To develop and maintain a business intelligence framework that identifies data drivers for each area of the business and enables a "direction of travel" style reporting capability.
- To collect, validate, interpret, and present data in new and insightful ways to help the business understand and improve performance.
- Coordinate and scrutinise organisation-wide performance management, alongside the quality assurance programme and complaint management, enabling priorities for improvement to be matched with strategic aims.
- Offer support, challenge, and advise Business Leads, the Senior Management Team and the Executive Management Team in terms of performance information and aid their decision making through community insight mapping, benchmarking, required policy and best practice.
- Work closely with other colleagues across the business to ensure they have all the information, and tools, required to interpret and understand key data reporting.
- Build a detailed knowledge of the business processes, KPIs and information systems.
- To lead the submission process for key reports for regulators and benchmarking activities using project management skills and a high level of data analysis.
- Own and maintain the organisation's MI and BI reporting tools.
- You will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties/projects as required by your line manager/senior manager.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft SQL and SSRS
- Power BI
- DAX, M, MDX
- Intermediate to advanced skills in SQL and Power BI
- Housing sector knowledge would be advantageous
- A good understanding and experience of how businesses collect, use and act on key performance data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both groups and individuals at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate insight in data analytics, and to communicate this effectively and concisely.
- An ability to select, scrutinise and analyse information - both internal and external - that aids strategic decision making.
- Ability to present and communicate analysis to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Competitive Salary up to £48,000 per annum.
- Annual Leave - 25 days per year increasing by one day per completed holiday year to 30 days maximum.
- Pension - Thrive Homes will pay double your amount subject to a maximum of 10%. (If you choose to pay 5% the company will pay 10%. The minimum amount you will need to contribute is 3%).
- Life assurance - a payment of X3 your salary.
- Shopping portal - access to hundreds of money saving options for online and high street shopping.
- MyGym discount - discounted rate at a local gym or gym chain. Which is paid directly from your bank account.
- HealthShield - facility to claim cashback for dental, optical and physiotherapy costs, alongside wellness services.
- Annual Flu Jab - provided each winter to all employees.
- Enhanced Flex Pot - £900 each year in April (after completing your 6-month probation and it will be on a pro rata basis).
- We operate full agile working conditions from home and our office in Apsley, Hertfordshire.
- A range of engagement activities aimed at building team morale, supporting both physical and mental health and celebrating all things that make us different.