Our client is an innovative market leading company based near Banbury. They are a platform company specialising in the development of software and services for the enterprise data backup and recovery arena. Due to the winning of new business and expansion into America, they are now looking to acquire the services of an experienced and highly capable Technical Consultant to join their team. This is a rare opportunity with significant future possibilities.
- Delivery of engineering services to customers either remotely or at customer site. (Spectrum Protect server, TDP installations and configurations and client upgrades)
- Design customer environments to meet defined requirements and suggest alternatives when applicable.
- Continuous development of technical skills by attending training and achieving required accreditations.
- Act as an external ambassador for the company at technical forums and keep up to date and ahead of market trends.
- Testing of new solutions, proof of concepts and solution documentation.
- Act as a Project Manager to ensure customer satisfaction or escalate as appropriate.
- Drive effective use of the companies backup and recovery portal for both employees and customers.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Good technical working knowledge of the IBM Storage Software portfolio.
- In depth knowledge of hardware and cloud portfolios.
- Knowledge of server virtualisation (VMware or Hyper-V).
- Ability to communicate technical issues and solutions to nontechnical people.
- Articulate technical concepts and influence customers.
- Working knowledge of Project Management and ITIL disciplines.
- IT Degree (Desirable)
- Experience of Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity Planning (Desirable)
Our client genuinely likes to educate and reward its employees with regular lunch and learn meetings and Pub Quizzes on a Friday with vouchers and prizes up for grabs.
Each role within the business has a defined career progression plan to include training schedules and continual access to all training materials required.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Matthew Hartwell
on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.