CAD Technician (Civils & Structures)
What you will be doing:
· Production of outline feasibility drawings as part of the design development process.
· Basic Cad drawing to assist the structural designers.
· Assist the Design Engineers in the preparation of design drawings and structural details.
· Production of reinforcement drawings and schedules.
· Preparation of drawings and maps for exhibitions, working groups and committee purposes as required.
· To work independently using your initiative with minimal supervision - full training will be provided, if required.
· To contribute to the development and management of projects in which you are involved.
· Ensure compliance with all Quality, technical standards, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations.
· As part of a design team, you will be responsible for developing schemes form conception through to construction stage drawings. If required, training and guidance will be provided in the use of AutoCAD and other applicable software packages.
· You will provide support and advice to the team and help co-ordinate the delivery of projects for a growing number of Local Authorities and throughout the UK. You will be involved in feasibility studies, preliminary design, consultation, and detailed design work together with the production of reinforcement drawings and scheduling.
What the business is looking for:
· Minimum of 5 GCSE's including Maths and English.
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Good relationship management with both colleagues and clients
· Ability to work under direction but to be able to use own initiative when required.
· 3D CAD proficiency
· Experience of working within a relevant technical team.
· Experience of preparing feasibility studies and concept sketches, progressing them to the preliminary design stage, developing them through consultation before submitting detailed design.
What's in it for you?
· A competitive basic salary
· 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
· The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for the business charity partners or a cause of your choice.
· Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
· Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.