Wilkinson Associates is partnering with an acquisitive, multi-faceted financial services company based in Edinburgh to help source an IFRS 17 Accountant.
The role will be responsible for providing technical input and contributing to the delivery of timely and accurate input to the company's financial reporting, including the adoption and development of change to support the transition to IFRS17 reporting.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong technical experience to work and learn in a stimulating working environment within an organisation which promotes development.Key Responsibilities:
Required Skills Attributes:
- Work as a team in the delivery of financial reporting and associated financial information with supporting analysis and commentary in line with the working day timetable
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality results, meeting customer needs, within a robust control framework including clear audit trail
- Producing and being accountable for the technical accuracy of financial information to support production of IFRS results, statutory accounts, Solvency II results and reporting templates
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of financial reporting across a number of teams, together with review of results
- Carrying out processes and controls to ensure the accurate production of information and document work performed to ensure appropriate audit trials are maintained
- Be an expert in the modelling and financial reporting of the business; combining detailed knowledge of the business, modelling and valuations
- Provide technical expertise, designing technical solutions part of change projects within Finance
- Work collaboratively and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls
- A qualified accountant (ACCA/ ACA / CIMA) with proven experience of working on reporting projects and new accounting standard implementation. IFRS 17 experience is not essential.
- Ability to produce high quality technical work whilst operating in a well-controlled environment
- Detailed technical level knowledge of performing financial reporting and effective tools
- Experience of actively seeking out opportunities to learn about new developments and applying them to current work processes, and of considering the impact of own team's work and suggesting improvements to process and deliverables
- Experience of communicating findings and results of analyses in the appropriate format to ensure understanding
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience of disseminating quality information to internal and external stakeholders
- Fully proficient in word and excel
- Flexible, adaptable and a good team player