Harvey Nash are now inviting candidates to apply for the role of Contracts and Purchasing Officer, for a 3 month contract inside of IR35 for a public sector organisation in the Glasgow area. The post will lead work projects of the purchasing and contract management function to ensure that our clients Services can deliver on its aims, objective and outcomes, whilst complying with policy, guidance, processes in relation to purchasing and transactional finance.
The post-holder will be expected to undertake contract management and some commissioning activities to ensure that all contracts are managed in line with agreed specifications and requirements and that the service receives value for money and adheres to best value.
To apply candidates should have the following experience:
The candidate is expected to have established knowledge and background of purchasing contract management or commissioning in a local government or public sector setting.
* Strong, positive communication skills and an ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders.
* Effective work planning and decision making skills.
* Ability to analyse complex information and present it in a range of formats appropriate to the audience
* Strong IT skills and confidence in working with a range of IT and software, including standard packages (MS Office)
* Previous procurement / contract management experience is essential
Please submit your cv for consideration.