Cloud Systems Administrator (AWS)Location:
Edinburgh (remote working options available)Type:
PermanentSalary & Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits
Harvey Nash are excited to be working with a successful legal tech company using the cloud to provide secure tailor made services for lawyers. They are seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join the Client Infrastructure team.The Role:
This is a great time to join our client as they transition their software to a highly scalable container based platform, deployed to AWS, across multiple regions. They are seeking an adaptable, well organised individual with strong communication and time management skills. A familiarity of Scrum/Agile methodologies would be beneficial, or previous experience in a similar high pressure and fast paced engineering role.
In this role you will work to ensure the success of their product and act as an escalation point for high severity incidents for other AWS infrastructure issues, be a point of contact for customer technical teams - dealing with queries in relation to engineering / infrastructure best practice for using their software on-premise.Required Technical Experience:
- Strong experience of Linux administration (RHEL or Debian-base)
- Application and infrastructure networking skills
- Working knowledge with webservers (Nginx, Envoy or HAproxy preferred, Apache or other)
- Amazon Web Services - SolArch Associate or higher certification preferred, equivalent knowledge proven is sufficient
- Working knowledge with Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Vault, Consul - AWS preferred, Azure / GCP
- Previous experience working in a software engineering environment - including release and deployment, versioning, change mgmt., etc.
- Puppet 3+ working experience
- Strong experience of GIT version control, preferably GitHub Enterprise Server
Non-Essential / Beneficial Experience:
- Experience with cost optimisation/reservations on AWS.
- HA AWS setups, multi-region or multi-cloud
- Container administration (K8S, Docker, Swarm, etc.
- Container technologies Docker/Containers
- Experience in SysOps roles (monitoring, alerting, backup & recovery, DR-testing, etc.)
- Hashicorp Vault or similar HSM experience
- Hashicorp Terraform Cloud / Enterprise experience (wrote modules, maintenance of TFC environments)
- Experience with PHP / Java 11 (Spring boot) code
- Experience with ETL processing and high throughput file conversion processing
- Experience with SMB / NFS mounted file systems on Linux (with or without KRB5)
- Experience with on-prem storage and networking concepts and devices (for escalation guidance)
- Jenkins / DroneCI working experience
- GitHub Cloud experience and GitHub Actions / Packages knowledge
- Good working knowledge with Continuous Integration tool
- Understanding of Continuous Deployment tools
- Knowledge of Python 3+ / Ruby / Go or any OO scripting language (for automation and config. mgmt.).
If you think you are a good match to this role, please submit your CV and I will be in touch shortly. Our client values diversity, and we welcome enquiries from everyone.