Head of Finance job opportunity within a well established charity in Glasgow Your new company
Our client a well established charity based in Glasgow have an exciting new job opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join them as Head of Finance.Your new role
Reporting to the Board you will be part of the senior management team, your role will be varied and include:
- Leading and managing the Finance and IT functions
- Preparation of Year-End Audit pack and Statutory Audit
- Preparation of accounts under SORP regulations
- Preparation of fully consolidated monthly Management Accounts with Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Variance analysis and associated reporting to department heads Overseeing payroll
- Fixed asset register maintenance & quarterly VAT returns.
- Cash management/cashflow forecasting Managing the annual budgeting Process Attendance at Board and Trustee meeting to present accounting information and answering any relevant questions
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with previous experience of working in a similar role within the public sector or not for profit or charity sector and will have extensive experience of accounts preparation, be familiar with SORP and will thrive working within a varied role.
You will be a proven leader with the ability to effectively managing a team to ensure delivery of key goals and targets and be experienced in use of IT, with detailed working knowledge of database management and Excel.
You will possess experience of analysing and presenting financial information for non-finance staff and Trustees and will possess extensive experience of budgeting and monthly cost and management reporting.
What you'll get in return
The role offers a competitive salary and benefits including a healthy work life balance Job satisfaction: the feeling that what you do is worthwhile, and makes a positive difference to people's lives.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a forward thinking charity and to add value by supporting the charity achieve its objectives.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.