Anderson Knight is working exclusively with a practice firm based in the South Lanarkshire area to recruit an Accounts Senior. Our client continues to expand their team due to the securing many new clients over the past 6 months. Our client is a smaller firm with ambitious growth plans. To be considered you must have previous experience working with a practice firm. Our client is open to candidates who are recently qualified or individuals at finalist level.
This position will allow you to work with sole traders, limited companies, partnerships and not for profit organisations which range in size and industry sector. You will prepare statutory and management accounts, VAT returns and personal and corporate tax computations. You will manage your own portfolio of clients, which you will be solely responsible for. There will also be the opportunity to get involved with advisory projects which will include business planning, forecasts, budgets, tax planning etc.
You will also mentor and supervise junior members of staff, this will include reviewing work, staff training and making sure staff are up to date on various software packages.
The main responsibilities the Accounts Senior position entails are:
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client records to Partner review
- Supporting the Partners in filtering the work from junior members to Partners
- Preparing and reviewing corporation tax returns and CT600s
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Preparing and reviewing personal tax computations
- Assisting in the management of a diverse client portfolio with the Partners
To be considered for the Accounts Senior position you must possess the following:
- An accountancy qualification (CIMA/CA/ACCA)
- Strong communication skills
- A proactive approach to work
- The ability to solve complex problems
- An outgoing personality
- A driven/motivated individual
To apply, please submit your CV below.