Permanent - full time, 35 hours
Salary: up to £35k, depending on skills and experience
Are you an experienced finance professional, passionate about using your skills in an award winning third sector organisation? If so, we want to hear from you!The Role
Dundee University Students' Union (DUSA) have an exciting opportunity to join their team in a new role as Finance Manager. The role is part of the Finance/HR team, reporting directly to the CEO. You will also line manage the Finance Supervisor.
We are looking to attract qualified accountants with at least three years' experience for this senior role. You will have experience of:
- Supporting production of annual financial statements and consolidated accounts for their audit, filing and distribution.
- The preparation and submission of corporation tax and VAT returns.
- Assisting in the production of strategy documents and associated forecasts, annual budgets and forecast revisions as required for both internal and external use.
- The production of management information as directed by the CEO/Board of Trustees.
- Managing an outsourced payroll and all pension requirements.
- Ensuring relevant financial returns are provided to all external bodies (HMRC, Charities Commission, Companies House etc.) in a timely manner.
- Overall responsibility for the general, purchase and sales ledgers plus credit control.
- Sage Finance systems.
DUSA's culture is one of inclusivity, respect, diversity and collaboration and they have invested in Future Leaders Programme and a Collaborative Leadership Programme supporting staff and students to develop their skills, and capacity to lead collaboratively.
The Finance Department is based in Cross Row which is a short walk from the main building but there will be hot desks available in the main building.About DUSA
DUSA are a registered charity, completely independent from the University of Dundee. They are led by students, supported by volunteers and staff, and seek to ensure that everyone's time at the University is the best it can possibly be. All students at the University of Dundee automatically become members of DUSA - a vibrant, diverse, global community. Members are entitled to all their services and opportunities, including societies; volunteering; advice, support, and representation; retail and food and beverage outlets; nightclubs and events.
There could not be a better time to join DUSA. They have ambitious plans and are currently developing a new Vision and 5-year Strategic Plan. You will play a central role in bringing their plans to fruition.
If you are excited to learn more, please contact Eilish at Caithness Consulting. You can also apply through the Caithness Consulting website where you can download the job description and further relevant information.Closing date for completed applications:
5pm on Monday the 21st of June. Interviews:
6th July 2021 to be held at DUSA. However, a virtual interview will be an option if circumstances dictate.