We have an exciting opportunity for a Software UX/UI Designer to join our Product and Innovation Team on full time permanent basis, 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Lead UI/UX Designer, the Software UI/UX Designer will work as part of the digital team to deliver software solutions to customer, business and business-partner needs, working with the relevant Product Owners to shape the requirements for these solutions and the look and feel of the applications delivered.
It is an exciting time for the team who are currently going through a period of growth. The team work across a range of new product and services for Golden Charter and its UK network of independent funeral directors. This is a relatively new space for digital technology and, as a result, we are in a domain which encourages new, innovative solutions.Main responsibilities:
- Responsible singularly, and as part of the larger Development team, for translating software requirements into User Interface elements and designs; communicating designs and design-rationale to the rest of the Development team; and helping deliver that software into Production environments.
- Work with Lead UI/UX Designer and relevant Product Owners to conduct usability research activities for new and existing software applications.
- Work with Lead UI/UX Designer to guide team on good practice with respect to UX and UI design and implementation across modern web and mobile technologies.
- Work with Product Owner and rest of Development team to help assess business opportunities, prototype product options and refine software requirements for new solutions.
- Work with Product Owner to lead Product Improvement iterations based on performance analysis of existing solutions.
- Participate in continuous improvement of Product and Software Development processes as part of the Software Development team.
- Continue to develop and maintain skillset in modern software design technologies and methodologies, with the support of Lead UI/UX Designer and Technical Development Lead.
- Two or more years work experience as a Designer embedded in full-stack, cross-functional software development teams.
- Participation in iterative and incremental software development in BDD and Agile environments.
- Experience in user-led design approaches using research-based discovery and feedback mechanisms such as Hallway testing and Usability Testing.
- Basic proficiency in UX writing.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InVision etc or equivalent tools used for creating wireframes, designs etc.
- Two or more years experience designing modern, responsive UI's for mobile/desktop devices.
In return, you will receive:
- Exposure to modern design techniques such as design-thinking, design-sprints etc
- Working knowledge of accessibility guidelines for web design (W3C/WCAG)
- Some experience of traditional graphic design techniques.
- Experience in HTML & CSS
- Experience using frameworks such as Tailwind or Bootstrap
- Experience using a version control system such as Git.
- SEO experience
- 6% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- family friendly leave and pay policies
- Access to a retail discount website
We may bring the vacancy closing date forward depending on the response rate to this advert.
Please select the APPLY
button to be redirected to our website.