Handelsbanken is a local relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence due to a nationwide branch network and a long-term approach to customer relations. It has a subsidiary company providing wealth and asset management services. Throughout the organisation, individuals enjoy wide-ranging responsibility, and the scope to pursue a unique career, within a culture of openness, equality and professionalism.ROLE
: IT PMO LeadLOCATION
: 3 Thomas More Square, LondonREMUNERATION:
Competitive + BenefitsTARGET START DATE:
The IT Change Office and Development Process (UKTBA) is responsible for enforcing and maturing policies and procedures for IT change governance and for providing consultation and advice during IT change activity execution. It is a key function designed to keep the UK Bank safe as it embarks on its next critical chapter to become a more digital bank. UKTBA also manages a large pool of IT change resources - Project Managers, Test Analysts, Test Leads and Agile Coaches.
By way of Background, the Bank's Systems and Infrastructure Department (UKT) has recently undergone some restructure in support of the Bank's wanted position to become 'digital at the core', moving IT as a 'side-line' support function to become a key enabler for success whilst working at one with the business. Good and effective IT change management which is carried out in a well-governed fashion will be more important than ever before as the Bank aims to develop new and improved digital products and services and modernise its IT architecture.
As a result, UKTBA is looking for a Senior Project Management Officer who can operate at a consultative level ensuring programmes, projects and agile delivery teams are both well governed and supported.
The successful candidate will ideally have an IT Project Management background and will have an interest in IT development methodologies and new and emerging technology. Candidates will need a grounding in agile system development methods such as Scrum and Kanban in addition to more traditional Systems Development Lifecycles. The Bank will be looking to improve its ways of working for increased speed to market and improved team collaboration, so an agile mind-set will be very important. At present however the Bank does adhere to more traditional project management approaches as well as maintaining some agile teams.
The successful candidate will also have an analytical mind-set, must be very comfortable with MS Excel and other MS applications, data analytics, financial planning and MI and reporting. Good communication skills will be essential, both written and oral, appropriate for Senior and Executive level audiences.
Those who meet this criteria, thrive in a fast paced environment, is passionate about modern technology, the customer experience and the Bank's sustainability efforts is encouraged to apply.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting agile ways of working alongside Agile Coaches which includes team ceremonies, agile tools, agile work-products etc. This will include training and coaching sessions.
- Document verification - IT feasibility studies and investment decision documents.
- Acquiring Senior Management signatures following investment decision assent for IT change.
- MI and reporting - both Group an UK.
- Training of new staff in the Bank's IT Change Management Framework, IT Development Process and other tools and technologies which support IT change standards.
- IT change resource planning.
- Supporting projects as required, including in workshops and in preparation for steering groups and committees etc.
- Supporting the Bank's change management activities during live deployment, in partnership with IT Service Management.
- General support to the Head of UKTBA and other UKTB Delivery Heads; UKTBN - Lending, UKTBP - Payment, Cards and Accounts, UKTBI - Core IT Development and UKTBC - Customer Life Cycle, Relationship Management and Meeting Places.
This is an important role in the Bank's quest to promote high standards of IT change in a new digital landscape. The role will add further value by supporting and providing information and consultation to our other IT change professionals. There will be much development potential including collaboration with the Bank's senior leadership team, supporting the Bank's strategic direction and continuous quality improvements within IT change, including more efficient and more collaborative ways of working.SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
You must comply with 5 Conduct rules i.e.
- Degree educated (ideally)
- IT Project Management experience
- Passionate about technology, digital products and services
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Excellent administrative order; organized, able to plan, prioritise work-load and work under pressure
- Proficient with financial planning and analysis in support of the Head of UKTBA and UKET (UK Finance)
- Enjoys delivering a high standard of work output and encouraging others to do the same
- Advanced MS Excel skills - comfortable with data, MI and reporting
- Professional use of MS Power Point and MS Word - suitable for Senior / Exec audiences
- Passionate about the customer and user experience
- Passionate about environmental and corporate responsibility and sustainability.
§ act with integrity
§ act with due skill, care and diligence
§ be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
§ pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
§ observe proper standards of market conduct.Handelsbanken Group
are deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work, regardless of age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.