London HQ East Coast USA | 50-100Our 'Why', 'How', and 'What'
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network and enable the best of the world's startups to achieve their own vision.
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world's fastest growing tech startups such as Songkick, Mixcloud, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that's why you will interact with Founders, Financial Directors, CFOs, COOs and Office Managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.A day in the life of a Senior Finance AssistantAs a key member of the team, you will have responsibility for preparing management accounts, payroll and VAT returns for a number of clients. You will report to a Portfolio Management Accountant or Assistant Portfolio Management Accountant and have the ambition to be an outstanding accountant. You will be focussed on excellent client care and be diligent in addressing client queries and sharing information. 'Fluid and proactive' is one of our values and you will demonstrate this through your agile approach to supporting your clients and your team.Essential Skills
The Role & Responsibilities
- Part-qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA (actively studying) with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience, with at least 1 year in practice
- Experience of building effective client relationships
- Strong IT skills including Xero and Excel
- Self-motivated with a drive to achieve and a passion to deliver top quality work
- Strong time management, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills - in person and written
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about start-ups
- Exposure to statutory accounts preparation would be an advantage
What we offer you An opportunity to work with the world's leading tech startups
- Prepare and post accruals and prepayments
- Prepare and post deferred and accrued income
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation packs
- Draft VAT return and prepare VAT reconciliations
- Manage fixed assets including creation, depreciation and disposal
- Prepare payroll including managing starters, leavers, RTI and pension submissions
- Manage creditors including creating payment runs
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Maintain effective timely communications with clients
- Willingness to support junior team members
⚖️ Autonomous and flexible work style - 2 WFH d/m and flex-start & finish times each day (+-1). We don't need timesheets
to be at our most efficient!
A fully stocked
kitchen for breakfast & lunch.
Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks, and dinners thrown by our very own social committee
Team - environmental catch-ups and initiatives.Tech
- all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
Personal Development - we're harnessing a culture of learning
and want you to have the chance to become a leader from day 1.Profit Share
- after 1-year service, you're eligible for our profit share scheme.Pension
plan with a 3% employer contribution.
22 days' holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas Eve to NY office closure