Vibrant, pioneering and ready to revolutionize the railway industry! We are a start-up founded by global technology and industry players with deep roots in the railway branch. If you are looking for a company where the entrepreneurial spirit is lived, combined with a great portion of dedication and passion that drives the people to reach outstanding goals together with the team, then Sensonic is the place to work.
Frauscher Sensonic is a trailblazer for the use of Fiber Optic Sensing (FOS) in the global railway market, living up to the challenge of railway-specific requirements due to rapidly progressing digitisation. With end-to-end solutions based on Fiber Optic Sensing for diverse applications, we want to foster a revolution in railway operations.
We are looking for two Systems Engineer's
to join the Engineering team in the UK. Based in Farnborough, the Systems Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and will work as part of the team working closely with R&D and Operations to provide customer support either on-site or remotely.
For one position the ideal candidate will have several years of experience in systems engineering and automation, they will be familiar with cloud technologies and scripting language.
For the other, we are also happy to accept applications from exceptional Graduates (preferably Masters level) and Junior Engineers who are wanting to learn on the job and develop in a fast-paced, agile, start-up environment.Main responsibilities:
- Work as a member of the Engineering team, working with DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing) technology.
- Tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and processes
- Continuous improvement.
- All elements of the Systems Engineering e.g. requirements management, interface management, system architectures, Model-Based Systems Engineering, integration of specialities, Verification and Validation, technical risk management, change management.
- Automating some of the engineering processes.
- Algorithm testing and development.
- Lead deployment teams on global installations.
- Close cooperation with R&D and the Operations team.
- Customer support on-site or remotely (diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair and commissioning of Sensonic products).
Desired Skills/Experience (not essential):
- Degree in Electrical/Software engineering or science.
- 3+ years of Linux experience.
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience.
- 3+ years of systems management automation experience.
- 3+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
- Development of systems automation in a scripting language: Python or Ruby.
- Knowledge of configuration management systems, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Checkmk or related systems.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies - AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies.
- Familiarity with the AWS SDK or CLI.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written (technical report writing).
- Willingness to travel (also internationally) - Post-Covid.
What we offer:
- Working knowledge of SaaS.
- DAS technology and basic fiber optic OTDR trace analysis.
- Working knowledge of Machine learning or AI.
- Familiarity with Visio for technical drawings.
- Competitive salary dependant on experience.
- Employers pension contribution of 8%.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Sage Benefits - offering a variety of discounts for shops, holidays and restaurants.
- Employee Assistance programme - including access to an online GP.
- BUPA personal healthcare.
- LinkedIn Learning subscription.
- Company iPhone 12.
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company.
- Regular social events (even in lockdown - digitally) such as Christmas and summer party and days out organised by our social committee.
- Agile and open corporate culture.
- Flexible working (with the option of working from home two days per week after covid).
- Time for training and personal development each week.
- Working with and in an international team.
This is a UK based role, starting employment will be subject to sufficient right to work checks being satisfied.