Here at MyTutor we are experiencing a rapid period of growth and we're looking for an exceptional candidate to own marketplace data. You'll be working in a fast-paced environment with stakeholders across our data, product, marketing and marketplace teams.
The marketplace team supports our 10,000-strong (and growing!) tutor community to deliver high-impact and rewarding tuition. With your deep data expertise and commercial awareness, you'll influence the strategy and decisions that fuel our rapid growth as we look to become one of the world's leading learning platforms.
This is a new role for MyTutor and focuses on what is an increasingly important aspect of our business. The successful candidate will shape the fundamentals of our tutoring marketplace and influence how data is used across the company.What you can expect:
The type of person we would love to meet:
- Responsible for helping to set strategic direction across the marketplace & analytics teams.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define and deliver the marketplace analytics roadmap as we move through a period of high growth.
- Directly work on a variety of projects such as pricing & incentives, distributing demand effectively and tutor acquisition.
- Influence key decisions within the marketplace team using your deep understanding of our data, your commercial acumen and an ability to translate complex analytics into clear, concise and actionable communications.
- To seek out new techniques and opportunities for greater efficiency as well as owning best practices across the data function.
- You have a wealth of experience tackling complex analytical challenges, supporting senior commercial stakeholders and setting strategic direction.
- Advanced skills in data analysis - SQL, statistical methods and modelling on large data sets.
- Excellent data visualisation skills and storytelling, capable of driving actions from stakeholders (e.g. self-service visualisation tools or slide decks).
- You have a passion for solving ambiguous, difficult and unstructured problems.
- Entrepreneurial, self-sufficient and fully able to align the scope of work with stakeholders. You constantly think about the bigger picture and opportunities to add value.
- You are someone who is comfortable working across multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment, able to balance the need for accuracy and efficiency to prioritise work.
- You deliver accurate, meaningful and timely information, based on well thought through research and your interpersonal skills enable you to articulate complex concepts in simple terms to stakeholders.
- Investment in your learning with a personal L&D budget of up to £350
- Your own laptop (Mac or Windows) and hardware (we can help you set up a home office if WFH)
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Share option package
- Private Healthcare option through BUPA
- Enhanced parent policies
- Cycle, tech and gym schemes
- Mentor/mentee scheme
- Regular team events & socials (we've just had a remote Sofar Sounds gig and wine tasting!)
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- A culture that champions wellbeing with monthly workshops and 1:1 coaching
The salary range for this role is between £50,000 to £60,000 pa.
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and we have set up our own EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.
A job from TalentPool, powered by Cilla - the talent matching engine