How you will help us to make Zzoomm awesome ..
Your main role will be to develop and network designs for a designated Region of Zzoomm. Starting from an indicative list of towns and suburban areas that have been identified as potentially attractive targets for Zzoomm, you will establish a plan of attack that delivers the optimal balance of commercial and operational considerations associated with the construction of the Zzoomm network. You will then produce the high level and detailed designs required to initially validate the opportunity and then enable the network construction to proceed efficiently.
You will be a key part of the Zzoomm team, working with and his/her direct reports to keep the network plan for the Region under continuous review and produce the design outputs required by the network plan and build workflow process. Your role will require you to work closely with Field Surveyors and the Network Construction teams to ensure that the plans and designs that are produced are practical and that the resources required for effective delivery have been identified.
You are an experienced network planner with a good understanding of how fibre to the premise services are delivered in practice. Our teams will see you as a subject matter expert in network planning and design always being available to be consulted to make things work as efficiently as possible. You are a team player who enjoys having responsibility for a key part of the overall network delivery process and who being recognised for their contribution to the success of Zzoomm.
Who will guide me ..?
You will report to the Regional Build Manager on a daily basis and be a key member of his/her team. You will find that Zzoomm adopts a very open operational style and so you will have access to every area of the organisation and will have the opportunity to participate in broad cross-functional discussions around how to get the best results for the Business. The Regional Director will rely on you to exercise your knowledge and expertise to produce robust plans and designs that enable the Region to deliver against its business plan.
A day in the life of the Network Planner & Designer ..
* You will have regional ownership of the list of towns and suburbs identified by the Zzoomm strategy team as potentially attractive opportunities for network development. You will keep that list under constant review and ensure that the regional planning and design process is translating it into an effective pipeline that is providing the network construction function with buildable work on a continuous basis.
* You will be carrying out opportunity analysis based on a good understanding of the current status of areas of interest in terms of the presence of other operators and/or their plans to build in that area, thereby producing a list of confirmed target towns or suburban areas for Zzoomm to build.
* Your understanding of the areas of opportunity for Zzoomm will drive the production of high level designs that will enable an initial business case to be produced.
* Once the initial business case is approved you will work with our Surveyors to produce detailed designs to refine our understanding of the implications of building the network in the area identified and, once final approval has been obtained, enable the network construction teams to carry out the work in an efficient and effective manner.
* You will maintain an ingoing involvement with the construction teams to manage any changes to the planned design and ensure that these are captured in as-built records and project risk registers.
* You will own the network build plan, continuously reviewing and refining it so that it can be used to forecast resources required for its delivery.
What we need you to have ..
* Understanding of FTTP methodologies and design
* Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
* Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning and CDM legislation
* Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
* Ability to produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, build, installation and as-built documentation.
* Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services from 3rd parties
You'll know how to ..
* Use GIS and automated Network Design Systems
* Take into account all UK local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
* Communicate effectively to other members of the Zzoomm team and ensure that there is a common understanding of the network delivery programme
* Support the network construction teams when they encounter issues in the field, adjusting the intended design to accommodate changes required on the ground.
Our teams will say you're ..
* Open and collaborative
* Clear and concise communicator
This is your chance to work for a rapidly expanding broadband company with healthy growth ambitions. Each day you'll get to work alongside talented and results driven colleagues who all have the company's success as their end goal.
We fully recognise that it's our employees that make Zzoomm the success story that it is and we do consider ourselves to be at the forefront of the broadband full fibre revolution in the UK.
If you are the right person for the role our team will be challenged with rewarding assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a multifaceted and dynamic high-growth business